Advantages and Disadvantages of Yellow Page Advertising
There are some people who think that Yellow Pages are no longer an effective medium of advertising however, this is not true. There are millions of people who use these directories but, the question is for what purposes and how often. Yellow Pages are easy to use, fast as well as reliable. They are localized which means you get filtered information about a town or city. These directories are printed in thin two-column books to that of thick four-column books. No matter how they are printed, there are certain advantages as well as disadvantages associated with advertising in Yellow Pages.
Advantages of Yellow Page Advertising
- Highly Targeted: The greatest advantages of Yellow Pages are that every advertisement is highly targeted. It tends to aim people who are ready to buy. There are certain headings and categories within which advertisers can place their ad. Moreover, advertisements can also be placed within multiple categories if the company is engaged in providing different products.
- Highly Effective: Advertising through Yellow Pages can be quite effective. There are savvy advertisers who track the leads of their yellow page advertising upon which their Return on Investment (ROI) is measured as against what is spent in advertising in the book. Tracking of the response from the advertisement in Yellow Pages are very easy. The advertisers can create a special line up for their ad and keep track of the responses. In addition to this, they can also ask the callers as to from which source they have known about the business. Moreover, tracking services is also available.
- Round the Clock Coverage: The advertisements placed in Yellow Pages are accessible to shoppers 24 hours a day. This round the clock availability can be beneficial especially for the advertiser as the households will be using their Yellow Pages frequently. Many people also keep Yellow Pages with their phone so that they can reference whenever required.
Disadvantages of Yellow Page Advertising
- One-Time Shot: A major disadvantage of yellow page advertising is that the advertisers only have one chance to place their ad effectively as these directories are published once every year. This means that the advertiser has only a single chance of displaying the ad, designing it, adding in effective content so that it gets noticed by the readers. Unlike other mediums such as newspapers, advertisers have the chance to replace their ad as per their requirements.
- Costly: Another disadvantage of yellow page advertising is that they are very costly. In major cities, getting a half or full page ad in these directories can cost thousands every month. Those businesses which have just started out their activities do not have much budget for advertising. Moreover, there is no guarantee that the ROI will be profitable by advertising in Yellow Pages.
- Declining Sales: Recent past years have reported decline in sales of certain print advertisers. As a matter of fact, advertising in this medium is facing a decline for the past few years. This can be a disadvantage for the advertisers if the customers get to know about it and they will start searching for items on the internet.
Posted by: Louis on Feb 10 2014Tags: Yellow Pages Business Yellow Pages Yellow Pages Advantages Yellow Pages Disadvantages Yellow Pages Benefits Yellow Pages Advertising
TradeFord.com is a growing B2B Trade Directory and Marketplace connecting global Importers, Exporters, Manufacturers and Traders at a reliable, common platform.
Let TradeFord.com match your sourcing needs with suitable supplier or manufacturer. Just fillout RFQ form and start getting quotations only from suitable supplier.
Wanted to learn How to Trade? Need advise for launching a new products? Whatever is in your mind... Click below to post a topic and start interacting with Trade Community!